Gilcrest 3-Meal Chicken
1. Roasted Chicken – Roast the chicken at 325 for 20 minutes/lb, stuffed with herbs such as rosemary and bay leaf. After you consume maybe half the chicken, debone the remaining chicken and boil the carcass at a gentle simmer for fabulous broth.
2. Chicken with tomatoes—slice the remaining breast meat and gently warm in a frying pan containing a little chicken broth, garlic, basil, and tomatoes. A little white wine wouldn’t hurt.
3. Soup time – reheat the broth, add vegetables, a little salt and pepper, and your favorite herbs. Chop the chicken and add it at the end. Bake/pick up some crusty bread and enjoy.
1. Roasted Chicken – Roast chicken at 3425 for 20 minutes/lb. stuffed with fruits such as muscadine grapes, lemon or lime, or apples. Debone the remaining chicken and boil the carcass at a gentle simmer for broth.
2. Chicken and gravy over rice –slice some of the remaining chicken meat and gently warm in a frying pan with two cups of chicken broth, salt and pepper, and chopped herbs. Thicken with flour and water to make gravy. Serve over rice, Freeze remaining broth.
3. Chicken wraps – pull out some tortillas and warm the chopped chicken with cumin, onions, chopped greens and tomatoes and salt and pepper. Add some sour cream at the end. Maybe add some hot peppers?